January 29, 2011 7:08 pm Leave your thoughts
This meal can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. The distinct nutty flavour of buckwheat pasta combines perfectly with a delicate mushroom sauce, to make a meal that is nutritionally rich – and delicious.
- 250 g pack Orgran buckwheat spiral pasta
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g gluten-free cooked prosciutto, julienned
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 200 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add Orgran buckwheat pasta spirals and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain under warm running water to stop further cooking and then set aside. (It’s best to cook the pasta and sauce simultaneously, to avoid the pasta going cold.)
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Stir the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in the butter until tender.
- Reduce the heat, and slowly stir in the cream. Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened, then add the prosciutto and basil, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Place the cooked pasta on warm dishes and top with the cream sauce.
This is a great main meal on its own, or, if you are feeling creative, you could:
• serve it with braised beef and gravy, sautéed mushrooms and a baked potato;
• garnish the dish with cashew halves; or
• serve with a mellow red wine, such a merlot.Tags: gluten free pasta recipes
This post was written by Sue