February 2, 2011 9:30 am Leave your thoughts
- 75 g Crazy Jack sesame seeds or other organic sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 courgettes, cut into sticks
- 4 asparagus spears, trimmed (if out of season, try french beans)
- 250 g tofu, cubed (you could try aged tofu, which has a great taste).
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari, for a gluten-free alternative)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (for that extra flavour, try toasted sesame oil)
- 1 tbsp medium sherry
- salt & pepper
1.Fry the sesame seeds in a dry wok until toasted, and set aside.
2.Place 1 tbsp of sesame oil in the wok and, when hot, stir fry the tofu until evenly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3.Add the remaining sesame oil and fry the vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4.Add the sesame seeds and tofu and heat through. Pour in the soy sauce and sherry, add seasoning and serve immediately.
This post was written by Sue