February 7, 2011 1:55 pm Leave your thoughts
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1.5 tbsp toasted sesame oil (there is nothing quite like the smell of toasted sesame oil!)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Sanchi Shoyu or tamari sauce (use tamari if you want a gluten-free recipe)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (try keeping a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge: you’ll be surprised how often it gets used)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (always keep sesame seeds in the cupboard! They are very good for you and look so great in dishes).
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cut the broccoli into florets, trimming off the tough ends of the stalk. Add the broccoli to the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Drain.
2. In a wok or frying pan, warm the toasted sesame oil and garlic over a low heat for three minutes. Stir in the shoyu or tamari and lemon juice. Add the broccoli and coat in the sauce.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.Tags: quick japanese cooking, sesame seed recipe
This post was written by Sue