February 19, 2011 9:42 am Leave your thoughts
The combination of corn pasta and a medley of seafood creates the most exquisite flavours, as well as being visually appealing.
Serve with freshly cooked asparagus spears, small grilled salmon with capers, or grilled fish fillets.
250 g Orgran corn pasta spirals
1tsp Orgran all-purpose gluten-free flour
30 g thinly sliced red onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
30 ml olive oil
350 ml milk
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
40 g chopped green bell pepper
40 g chopped red bell pepper
20 g broccoli florets
30 g thinly sliced carrots
40 g sliced fresh mushrooms
150 g shrimp
200 g scallops
salt to taste
ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, then add Orgran corn spiral pasta and cook for 8-10 mins until al dente; rinse under warm running water to stop further cooking, drain and set aside. (Note: it’s best to cook the pasta and sauce simultaneously, to avoid the pasta going cold.)
2. Meanwhile, in a frying pan, sauté the red onion and garlic in olive oil. When the onion is translucent, add the milk. Cook until bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Add the parsley, chopped green and red bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, shrimp and scallops, and stir thoroughly.
3. Remove 1/2 cup of milk from the mixture and place in a small bowl with the flour. Stir until smooth. Add back to the pan with the seafood and vegetables. Allow the mixture to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the seafood sauce over the cooked corn pasta spirals.
• Accompany with white or sparkling wine.
• Add a squeeze of lemon to the dish.
This post was written by Sue