October 12, 2014 1:06 pm Leave your thoughts
This is a recipe from our good friends at Orgran. We would suggest you use organic ground almonds in the recipe.
200 g unsalted butter
⅓ cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
A few drops almond essence
125 g ground almonds
1¾ cups Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour
Gluten-free icing sugar to dust the cooked biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF).
2. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper.
3. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and almond essence.
4. Stir in ground almonds.
5. Sift flour into a small bowl. Gradually stir into creamed mixture. Mix to thoroughly combine ingredients.
6. Roll portions of mixture into sausage shapes.
7. Cut into approximately 8 cm (3″) lengths.
8. Shape into crescents and place onto trays.
9. Place into a moderately hot oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Biscuits should be almost unchanged in colour.
10. When cooked, remove from oven. Leave on trays.
11. Thickly and evenly sprinkle sifted icing sugar over crescents while still hot.
12. When cold, store biscuits in an airtight container.
This post was written by Sue