November 1, 2014 2:15 pm Leave your thoughts
A lighter approach to a Christmas cake – nice for afternoon tea, and good at any time of the year (not just Christmas)!
For the icing:
1 tbsp lemon juice
200g/8 oz icing sugar
1. Mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs.
3. Add the ground almonds and flour.
4. Fold in the cranberries.
5. Put half of the mix into an oiled 20cm (8″) round cake tin.
6. Roll out the marzipan. Lay over the cake mixture.
7. Spread the remaining cake mixture on top.
8. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mk 4) for 50 minutes.
9. Mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar and use it to ice the cold cake.
This post was written by Sue