July 13, 2015 1:11 pm 1 Comment
Over the years we have collected lots of recipes using walnuts.
Below you will find some of our favourites:
- Walnut pesto – pesto is perfect at any time of year, but particularly good in summer as a light lunch or supper, served on pasta
- Walnut and broccoli quiche – another recipe for summer – maybe take the quiche on a picnic
- Walnut, celery and blue cheese quiche – organic walnuts and celery combine with blue cheese in this recipe, to produce a splendidly rich quiche (an alternative for those that are not so keen on broccoli)!
- Walnut and aubergine dip – with aubergines coming into season soon, try this unusual dip
- Quinoa broccoli cheddar and walnut bake – a new recipe that uses lots of great ingredients, for a really healthy meal
- Date and walnut loaf – an old favourite, loved by so many
- Flapjack recipes – don’t forget that walnuts make a great addition to homemade flapjacks
- Easy summer risotto – risotto is such a easy meal – all in one pan! All you need is a little time and a good spoon to stir with. It’s also a great way to use up any veg lingering in the bottom of the fridge
- Carrot muffin cake with agave syrup – make as a cake or as buns. Organic carrots have a great taste. This can be made with gluten-free flour very easily too
Walnuts are such a versatile ingredient: they are great for cooking and also for nibbling on their own. If you want to add an additional walnut taste to a salad, try using walnut oil. If you have any recipes you would like to share, let us know.
Click here to see walnuts on our site.
Categorised in: Nut recipes
This post was written by Sue