August 19, 2015 3:17 pm Leave your thoughts
Tired of the same old, same old nuts? Automatically click on the usual suspects when you’re shopping? Take a look at Naturally Good Food’s extensive range of nuts to see if we can offer you something different!
Nuts are good for you
We all know that nuts are great for us. They’re full of vitamins (many are particularly rich in vitamins E and B), with generally good amounts of calcium, selenium, iron and zinc. They’re excellent providers of protein, folate, antioxidants, fibre and omega-3 fatty acids, and contain a respectable level of monounsaturated fat. Excellent for cardiovascular health, they also have the ability, when eaten correctly, to lower cholesterol.
At Naturally Good Food we stock a fantastic range of nuts – organic and non-organic, plain and fancy (roasted, salted, spiced, covered in chocolate – but not all together!), in sizes ranging from snack packs up to enormous bulk bags and boxes. We also stock perhaps the best range of nut butters on the web, allowing you to access all the many benefits of nuts, in a handy form.
But perhaps you’re bored of Brazils, weary of walnuts or hacked off with hazelnuts? Maybe you’re looking for a cheaper option to your usual nut? Or simply trying to make sure that you get the full benefits of a rich and varied diet? If you’re stuck in a nut rut, take a look at the links below to see what we can offer:
- Macadamia nuts: perfect on a plate or in a bag (see Wikipedia nutgate), these nuts are a real delicacy. Delicately flavoured, with a waxy texture, they have low levels of carbohydrate, no cholesterol and the highest levels of unsaturated fat of any nut. If you’re not eating them on an aeroplane, try them with coconut, chocolate or fish.
- Peanuts: there’s a certain snobbery around peanuts, but if you’re looking for an economical, healthy snack, you can’t beat them. They’re a good source of vitamin E and poly-phenolic antioxidants. We sell peanuts in the shell (monkey nuts), with the skins on, blanched, and roasted and spiced in snack packs. And as no-one is ever snobby about peanut butter, you’ll be fine to take a look at our comprehensive range here, covering smooth, crunchy, salty, roasted, and so on.
- Organic Pistachios; Back after a long break, not cheap but really delicious, not to mention rather pretty too. Non organic pistachios too, and these come roasted and salted if you fancy that
- Chestnuts: with a unique nutritional make-up among nuts, chestnuts have a high carbohydrate content, but are low in calories and fat. Try them roasted (of course), or with a roast dinner, or in sweet puddings. We also sell chestnut flour and puree, which is great in a number of specialist recipes.
- Walnuts: the wizened old men of nuts, walnuts should be part of everyone’s diet, as they provide a fantastic amount of omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to a host of vital vitamins and minerals. If you don’t like them straight up, walnuts are great in baking, particularly loaf cakes.
- Almonds: the nut for people who think they don’t like nuts! Almonds, particularly our organic almonds, combine a perfect delicacy of flavour with a wonderful milkiness and a gentle crunch. If you’re already converted to almonds, try some of our fancy ones: roasted, salted almonds from Queenswood in a snack pack, or hot chilli almonds from Infinity.
- Pecans: deliciously more-ish and a good source of protein, antioxidants and oleic acid. Not just for pecan pie.
- Coconut: yes, it’s a nut, and an amazingly healthy one, in all of its various forms. We stock coconut flakes, chips, oils, butters, creams, milks and waters.
Tags: almonds, Brazil Nuts, bulk nuts, cashew nuts, Chestnut Flour, chestnut puree, chestnuts, coconut butter, coconut chips, coconut cream, coconut flakes, coconut milk, Coconut Oil, coconut water, hazelnuts, hot chilli almonds, infinity, macadamia nuts, nut butters, Nuts, organic nuts, peanut butter, peanuts, pecans, pinenuts, pistachios, Queenswood, roasted salted nuts, snack pack nuts, spiced nuts, walnuts
This post was written by Yzanne