December 22, 2015 1:19 pm Leave your thoughts
We can supply you with a type of rice for every occasion, every budget and every dish! We’re so impressed with the health benefits that we have made it one of our staple mail-order goods: we aim to keep the price of our standard organic brown rice below that found in the supermarkets, to ensure that everyone can afford this nutritious wholefood.
Organic brown rice is therefore one of our best sellers. It’s incredibly good for you. As a wholefood, it supplies a steady source of energy, without provoking surges in blood sugar. It’s rich in fibre and B vitamins, and has plenty of iron and magnesium. It’s actually almost impossible to find a health or dietary study that doesn’t recommend including it in your diet.
For starters, we sell long-grain organic brown and basmati brown rice. If you’re new to brown, the basmati version cooks faster and has the closest texture to the more familiar white. Many of the staff at Naturally Good Food have been eating nothing but the brown for years (or even decades) now, and are complete converts! And if you’re not specifically looking for organic, we’re happy to supply non-organic brown too.
If you’re looking in particular for white rice, we stock white basmati too.
We also stock organic short-grain brown, which is perfect for pilafs and for anything else where you need your grains to stick together.
We also have organic brown and white sushi rice, from Clearspring, for your home-made sushi creations.
And what about more speciality? Try white and brown Jasmine, for Thai food, as well as red Camargue, black and wild rice (which is really a kind of grass). Each has its own impressive nutritional profile. Many are also Fairtrade.
Of course, in our full organic, natural, free-from and wholefoods ranges, we also have many products made with this grain. These include:
- Milk and Cream: non-dairy alternatives which many find the closest in taste and use to dairy milk.
- Rice-cakes, biscuits and sticks: great for wholefood snacking.
- Bars: for gluten-free children’s sweet snacks.
- Brown rice flour and crumbs: for gluten-free baking.
- Rice flakes and puffs: a cereal alternative.
- Pasta and noodles: a good gluten-free option, but suitable for everyone.
- Rice and wholegrain ready meals: partly pre-cooked, these make a genuinely healthy, yet speedy, dinner dish.
- Desserts: sweetened solely by natural enzymatic reaction (no added sugar or syrup at all), these are a good base for a dessert.
- Syrup: for sugar-free baking.
- Rice vinegar and miso: authentic Japanese products.
If you’ve been drawn in by our fantastic prices, have a think about what else you might like to stock up on while you’re here. We have one of the best selections of wholefoods, organic goods, free-from foods, and environmentally friendly toiletries and household goods on the web.
Tags: basmati brown rice, black rice, brown rice flour, brown sushi rice, Clearspring, environmentally friendly, Fairtrade rice, household goods, jasmine rice, long-grain rice, organic brown rice, pudding rice, ready meals, red Camargue rice, rice cakes, rice cereal, rice cream, rice crumbs, rice deserts, rice dream, rice flakes, rice milk, rice miso, rice noodles, rice pasta, rice puffs, rice snacks, rice syrup, rice vinegar, risotto, toiletries, Wholefoods, wild rice
This post was written by Yzanne