April 13, 2016 10:56 am Leave your thoughts
There seems to be almost no end to the things you can make with coconut, with new products arriving on our shelves every month! This month, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve started stocking Biona’s raw coconut vinegar.
Raw coconut vinegar
Made from raw organic coconut sap, this vinegar is naturally fermented for eight months to retain the sap’s nutrient-rich properties. Raw and unfiltered, and containing the natural ‘mother’ enzymes, this vinegar, with a mildly tangy taste, is suitable for salad dressings, sauces and marinades. You can use it to replace your standard vinegar.
The ‘mother’ is the strands of protein, enzymes and good bacteria found in the cloudiness inside the vinegar – it’s thought to have the best nutritional and health benefits. Many people choose to take a little diluted vinegar each day, medicinally.
All our coconut products
This vinegar joins the other coconut products in our range. We’ve long stocked coconut in its more usual forms, but recently, we’ve been really pleased to see completely new and very interesting products coming on line from our suppliers. Here are a few of these – as well as some of the old favourites.
- Coconut aminos: an alternative to soy sauce, made from fresh coconut sap, with added sea salt. Great if you’re avoiding soy.
- Coconut bliss butter: specifically designed for eating, this is a great spreadable form of coconut oil.
- Coconut blossom nectar: the very name of this is designed to make you feel like you’re relaxing on holiday! A really good natural sugar alternative, as is our coconut palm sugar.
- Coconut jam: a dairy-free dulche de leche!
- Coconut milks, oils and waters
- Dessicated, chip and block coconut
- Coconut flour: for gluten-free cooking
And of course, we stock loads of coconut products: spreads, soups, protein and snack bars – even crispbreads.
Coconut makes it onto our shelves with such regularity because it’s really good for you – rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats. It’s described by many as a superfood, and certainly has a range of uses wider than almost anything else we stock. In fact, about the only part of the coconut that we don’t deal with at Naturally Good Food is the shell!
Tags: biona, coconut, coconut aminos, coconut bliss butter, coconut block, coconut blossom nectar, coconut chip, coconut crispbread, coconut flour, coconut jam, coconut milk, Coconut Oil, coconut palm sugar, coconut snack bar, coconut soup, coconut spread, coconut water, dessicated coconut, raw coconut vinegar
Categorised in: Biona
This post was written by Yzanne