May 19, 2016 7:27 am Leave your thoughts
Jane Devonshire has just won Masterchef 2016 with an amazing menu of winkles on toast and langoustine tempura, curried lamb, and a rather posh ‘rhubarb and custard’. She’s a great cook, obviously – and she’s also an expert gluten-free cook. Jane has a son who suffers from coeliac disease and, as she says, she is ‘too lazy – too busy’ to make two separate meals for the whole family. She’s therefore found many ways to make gluten-free cooking really delicious and suitable for everyone sitting round her table.
Gluten-free cooking: it doesn’t have to taste different
Interviewed on Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour, Jane commented that cooking gluten-free is so integral to the way she cooks that she doesn’t even think about it. She confirmed that it was definitely possible to ‘cook really nice food’ that didn’t contain gluten; many guests at her table never even realised that they were eating gluten-free. ‘It doesn’t have to be any different or taste any different’.
Some of the products Jane used on the programme contained gluten, but mostly they were the items she used at home and were therefore gluten-free. With years and years of expertise in supplying gluten-free food to chefs, businesses and individuals all over Europe, we’re in complete agreement with Jane. It’s entirely possible to cook delicious gluten-free food of all kinds. And with Naturally Good Food behind you, it’s also very easy!
Cook like a masterchef: use our gluten-free range
We have a dedicated gluten-free section on our website, listing all our gluten-free products. If you’re not in that particular bit of our website, all you need to do is use the check-boxes on the left-hand side of the screen to narrow down your search to ‘gluten-free’ in any area.
We specialise in:
- Gluten-free flour: we have gluten-free flours of all possible kinds – coconut flour, brown rice flour, buckwheat flour and many others. We sell standard plain and self-raising flours, as well as flours for pizza and pasta and for bread-making.
- Gluten-free mixes: if you don’t want to cook entirely from scratch, then use one of our many gluten-free bread, cake or biscuit mixes.
- Gluten-free baking ingredients: if you’re baking gluten-free products, you may find that a recipe calls for some particular ingredients. We’re experts in supplying these – from xanthan gum to the intriguing gluten-free gluten!
- Gluten-free oats: while oats are naturally gluten-free, they’re frequently contaminated with gluten during farming, harvesting and processing. We specialise in gluten-free porridge and jumbo oats – and sell the much sought-after organic gluten-free oats.
- Gluten-free snacks and treats: we stock a wonderful selection of these, with a particular section dedicated to children’s snacks and treats.
- Gluten-free grains: there are a large number of naturally gluten-free grains out there and we stock all that we can! Click here to see them.
- Gluten-free bulk: if you’re doing a lot of gluten-free cooking, then take a look at our bulk buy section to see how this can help you. Buy in bulk from us and you won’t run out of that vital ingredient – and it’s cheaper.
One quick gluten-free tip from Jane to finish off: use gluten-free cornflour to thicken sauces, so that everyone in the family can have the same gravy!
Tags: brown rice flour, buckwheat flour, coconut flour, cornflour, Gluten free, gluten free baking, gluten free biscuits, gluten free flour, gluten free gluten, gluten free grains, gluten free porridge oats, gluten free snacks, gluten free treats, gluten-free bread flour, gluten-free bread mix, gluten-free bulk, gluten-free cake mix, gluten-free children, gluten-free jumbo oats, gluten-free organic oats, gluten-free pizza pasta flour, gluten-free plain flour, gluten-free self-raising flour, masterchef, xanthan gum
This post was written by Yzanne