July 29, 2016 9:48 am Leave your thoughts
On hot, sticky days, a burst of freshness is something we all crave! A delicious, cooling shower can soothe the nerves, lighten the mood and generally make you feel much more like yourself again. But as you wash away that tension headache, traffic jam frustration and argument-with-your-boss, we at Naturally Good Food want to make sure that you’re not washing other nasty things down the drain as well!
Freshness – the natural way
At Naturally Good Food we stock an expanding range of environmentally friendly, natural toiletries, including lots of bath foam and shower gel. Much of it is aimed specifically at children or at those with sensitive skin or allergies. We believe in preserving our environment and take care to stock products that don’t pollute the waterways and that aren’t produced in an unsustainable manner.
For those particularly hot, enervating days, we’d suggest:
- Children’s Citrus Crush bath and shower gel from Green People – suitable for children of all ages! And even nicer when you use it with a natural sponge.
- Aloe vera and ylang ylang shower gel from Faith in Nature.
- Neutral scent-free shower gel from Green People (this is a good ultra-gentle choice).
- Lavender and aloe vera shower gel from Ecover (this also comes in a 5-litre tub, which makes refills particularly easy and good value for money).
When you’re out of the shower? Use one of these moisturisers, which are produced to the same high standards. We have, for example:
- Dry Skin baby lotion (scent-free) from Green People: again, not just for children, this mild moisturiser is a good gentle choice.
- Cream Rose Moisturiser from Essential Care: for that essence of English roses….
- Revitalising Body Lotion from Faith in Nature.
These products smell lovely – the scent-free ones are pleasingly neutral. They’re gentle to your skin and to the environment. Each of the companies involved have different environmental and ethical standards, but all are high. In general, you’ll find that these are products that are not tested on animals, that avoid synthetic fragrances and colourants, and that don’t use aggressive chemicals.
Feeling cool enough yet?
And when you’re nice and clean, and sitting out in the cool of the evening, why not continue the mood with a nice cup of tea (which, as every British person knows, cools you down, rather than warms you up) in hot weather? We’d suggest Pukka’s Refresh herbal tea: ‘to cool and balance’!
Tags: aloe vera, bath foam, children's toiletries, environmentally friendly toiletries, Essential Care, faith in nature, green people, kids' toiletries, moisturising lotion, planet friendly toiletries, pukka, Refresh herbal tea, sensitive skin, shower gel, shower lotion
This post was written by Yzanne