September 24, 2016 8:47 am Leave your thoughts
Primary schools in the UK provide school milk for their youngest pupils. In some areas and schools this is completely free – in others, the milk is subsidised. But what do you do if your child can’t drink dairy milk?
Parents of new school starters generally want to make sure that their children don’t miss out on experiences – or on chances to refuel! – and that they aren’t marked out as being different. Many therefore provide their own non-dairy milks for primary school milk time.
School soya milk cartons
If you’re one of these parents, then you might be interested in our small soya milk cartons. They’re 250ml, sweetened and fortified with vitamins, and come with a straw. These cartons store well – they don’t need to be refrigerated – and you can buy them easily in bulk from Naturally Good Food. One of our customers tends to buy a term in advance: it costs around £35 for five or so small cases, providing one carton per day throughout the school year.
Coconut and rice milk cartons
If you’re not keen on soya milk, then you might prefer one of these options, again available in bulk:
- Coconut milk, with calcium: 250ml cartons
What else can we offer for school?
- We also sell soya shakes in cartons, in various flavours. These won’t make it past the school milk police (and rightly so!), but they might pass muster in a lunchbox.
- Soya desserts: in caramel, vanilla and chocolate – a good alternative to yoghurt or mousse.
- Wot no dairy desserts: in various flavours, again, a good non-dairy alternative pudding.
- Fruit and nut snack bars: you might have heard of Nakd bars, which we stock – but have you checked out our Rawbite or Primal Pantry range? Click here to see all our healthy snacks.
- Dried fruit: even the most rigorous of school lunch policies tend to allow dried fruit – and we have an amazing range. Dark apricots, toffee-ish dates, fruity figs, and handfuls of rich sultanas and raisins – if your child has never tried organic dried fruit, take a little taster 250g pack and let them have a few. You’ll be surprised quite how different it tastes from standard dried fruit!
Click here to see our full range of non-dairy products.
Tags: 200ml, 250ml, coconut milk, dairy-free milk, milk cartons, nakd, non-dairy milk, organic dried fruit, Primal Pantry, RawBite, rice milk, school milk, snack bars, soya desserts, soya milk, soya shakes, Wot no dairy
This post was written by Yzanne