June 17, 2017 8:11 am Leave your thoughts
Quinoa – as everyone knows by now – is very, very good for you. It’s a ‘complete protein’, with all seven essential amino acids, and rich in phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and iron. It’s fantastic for vegetarians and vegans, as it really does replace the nutrients of meat and fish (something hardly any other plant does). It’s also naturally gluten-free.
Quinoa is easy to cook. In essence, you cook it just as you would rice. (For the very best results, however, you need to see our blog: How to cook perfect quinoa. I promise you that this is a very simple process – once followed, you’ll never have soggy or tasteless quinoa again!)
Quinoa looks great, particularly if you choose black, red or multicolour quinoa, and it separates into distinctive grains when cooked. It goes well with everything: meat, fish, vegetables, pulses and lentils and tastes great with or without a sauce. You can eat it cold the next day (when it’s even tastier) – and unlike rice, it’s safe to reheat multiple times, or to leave in the fridge for longer than 24 hours. Just like rice, it can also be frozen when cooked.
And it’s delicious – slightly nutty, interestingly crunchy, but not such a show-off as to distract from the rest of the meal.
So if you’re not looking for quinoa, we’d suggest you start! And if you are, we’re the perfect place to shop. We send out hundreds and hundreds of kilos of quinoa from our building – some in small, individual-sized packs, some in huge bulk sacks.
Our complete quinoa collection
Here’s a quick look at our complete quinoa collection!
- We have organic quinoa, from South America and grown right here in the UK. We can supply both of these types of quinoa in different pack sizes, including in bulk.
- We have non-organic quinoa in bulk.
- We have red quinoa, black quinoa and white (or pearl) quinoa.
- We have Quinola, a particular brand of quinoa, which the manufacturers consider to be the very best there is, and which is ethically sourced, produced and packaged.
- We have microwaveable, partially pre-cooked quinoa, which takes just minutes to heat up and is perhaps the healthiest ready meal you can make.
- We have quinoa products, including quinoa flour, flakes, puffs and milk.
Convinced? Come to us for quinoa!
Tags: black quinoa, British quinoa, bulk quinoa, Hodmedod quinoa, microwave quinoa, multicolour quinoa, non-organic quinoa, Organic Quinoa, pearl quinoa, quinoa, quinoa flakes, quinoa flour, quinoa milk, quinoa products, quinoa puffs, Quinola, quinola express, red quinoa, tricolour quinoa, UK quinoa, white quinoa
This post was written by Yzanne