June 26, 2017 5:55 pm Leave your thoughts
Naturally Good Food supplies rice of all kinds in bulk. Our bulk-buy customers include families, caterers and businesses: buying rice in bulk gives you this product at the best possible price and removes the risk of running out of a vital ingredient. It’s also a more environmentally friendly way to shop – a 25kg bag of rice uses up fewer resources in its packaging than dozens of smaller bags.
Our rice generally has a use-by date of around two years when it leaves our building, giving you plenty of time to eat it. It’s best to store it in a cool, dark place such as a pantry or cabinet, as direct sunlight and high temperatures can cause rice to lose its flavour and nutritional content.
How large is our bulk rice?
Definitions of ‘bulk’ do vary! We are able to supply full 25kg sacks of rice and can fit many of these onto a pallet for you. If that sounds a little too large, we can also provide 5kg, 3kg and 2kg pack sizes. (As well as these, we have much smaller bags, around 1kg and 500g. Many of these are available with ‘case discounts’ – another economical way to buy rice in larger quantities.)
What kind of rice in bulk do we supply?
We supply bulk bags of:
- Arborio rice
- Basmati brown rice
- Basmati white rice
- Black rice
- Jasmine rice
- Long-grain brown rice
- Short-grain brown rice
- Red Rice
- Wild rice
We’re organic specialists, so are always keen to promote our organic rice. However, we also stock non-organic rice. If we’re missing your favourite type of rice, please contact us – we may be able to get it in for you. Our stock choices are driven by our customers’ demands, particularly in the area of bulk purchasing.
To see all our rice, click here.
What’s the right rice for me?
There are an awful lot of variables when it comes to choosing rice. But here’s a very quick idea of the main characteristics of each of the rices we sell in bulk:
- Arborio rice: firm, creamy and chewy grains, ideal for rice puddings.
- Brown basmati rice: grown on the foothills of the Himalayas, where silt and nutrients in the waters of the upper Ganges river help maintain the natural fertility of the soil. This rice has a great flavour, cooks easily and combines well with other dishes.
- White basmati: very white and firm, with a fantastic fragrance.
- Black rice: a lovely deep black colour, rich in anthocyanins.
- Jasmine rice: a delicately flavoured long-grain rice, with a lovely fragrance and tender texture.
- Long-grain brown rice: a staple for much of the world’s population, with a slightly chewy texture and nut-like flavour.
- Short-grain brown rice: often enjoyed with Japanese food, where the savoury tamari and miso flavours readily complement its nutty flavour.
- Wild rice: an uncultivated seed variety of rice, with an intense flavour.
Tags: arborio rice, basmati brown rice, basmati white rice, black rice, bulk buy, bulk rice, jasmine rice, long grain brown rice, mid-bulk rice, organic rice, rice in bulk, short-grain brown rice, Wholefoods, wholesale rice, wild rice
This post was written by Yzanne