November 14, 2017 7:08 am Leave your thoughts
If you’re a man, what’s in your food arsenal? What are you packing in your store-cupboard? And how’s your lunchbox looking? It’s Movember, Men’s Health Month, and the right time, we feel, to ask these questions! At Naturally Good Food, we’re keen to support everyone in having the best diet they can. We’re proud to stock the very best food for men’s health.
Naturally Good Food has all the wholefoods and superfoods you need, as a man, to power your body and your brain. We’ve got potent, nutrient-rich foods, to prevent disease. We’ve got food that packs a powerful natural punch, to fight health issues. We’ve got food for energy, food to build muscle, food to repair tissue and food to fuel thought. So stop eating rubbish. And eat this instead.
Men’s health: eat wholefoods
Wholefoods provide men with the solid foundations of a healthy diet. With slow-releasing, long-lasting energy, plenty of fibre and protein, and a rich supply of vitamins and minerals, wholefoods shore you up physically and also mentally. You can see our full wholefoods section here.
Eat superfood wholefoods
We’re not talking obscure berries and random powders here. Our superfoods are simply foods that do their job particularly well. Here’s what we have and why you need them.
- Nuts: nuts keep muscle tissue healthy. Brazil nuts, in particular, are a great option, with their stores of selenium also boosting immunity and protecting the heart.
- Seeds: seeds are a fine (and cheap) source of protein. We recommend flaxseed, especially, for its role in building muscle.
- Dried fruit: with fibre, potassium and phytonutrients, dried fruit is great for health and energy. Its vitamin C content can work wonders for sperm count and motility too.
- Quinoa: this is an amazing source of protein and slow-releasing energy. You can see all our grains here.
- Olive oil: extra-virgin olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. It’s not the only cold-pressed oil we offer, though – you can see the others here.
- Black beans: like our other black and purple products, black beans are rich in anthocyanins, which have strong antioxidant properties. See all our pulses here and here.
- Wholewheat bread: giving you the fibre and energy you need.
- Oats: oats are a great slow-releasing source of energy and rich in the beneficial fibre beta-glutan.
- Blueberries: free-radical-beating antioxidants in blueberries may help muscles to recover faster after exercise.
- Cocoa and cacao: an amazing source of magnesium and antioxidants, cocoa and cacao also promote positive mental feelings.
Eat proper sports nutrition
Naturally Good Food has a dedicated Sports nutrition section. We deal in natural sports nutrition, rather than obscure powders and dodgy supplements. We’ve got natural sports supplements, natural protein powders, sports drinks, snacks and ‘superfoods’. This is food designed to prepare your body for exercise, to power you through a workout or ride, and to repair muscle tissue afterwards.
Eat organic if you can
We advise eating organic wherever possible: you can see our full Organic section here. Organic food doesn’t contain harmful chemicals or residues. If you’re eating for health, don’t compromise on quality for the sake of a couple of pounds.
We’re with Movember: we want men’s health to be the best it can be. And what you put into your mouth and your body is a major part of that.
Tags: black beans, blueberries, Brazil Nuts, cacao, chickpeas, cocoa, dried fruit, extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed, grains, lentils, linseed, men's health, Movember, natural sports nutrition, Nuts, oats, Organic, Pulses, quinoa, Seeds, sports drinks, sports nutrition, sports powders, sports protein, sports snacks, sports superfoods, sports supplements, Wholefoods, wholewheat flour
Categorised in: Chocolate, Cold Pressed Oils, Dried Fruit, Drinks, Flour, Grains, Grains - Gluten Free, Lentils, Nut Butters, Nuts, Organic, Pasta and Noodles, Pulses, Seeds, Snack bars, Sports Nutrition, Sports Superfoods, Sports Supplements, Wholefoods
This post was written by Yzanne