April 24, 2018 6:49 am Leave your thoughts
Energy balls are a popular sports and high-energy snack. Little balls of mashed-together nuts, seeds and dried fruit, often with added protein or superfood powder, they’re designed to provide energy for workouts and races and to help your body recover from exercise afterwards. Energy bars (the same, but in a more standard shape) are equally effective.
Both bars and balls are widely available, but we know that many of our customers like to make their own. Making your own bars and balls allows you to tailor a recipe to your own precise nutritional requirements and your own taste. As with any product, homemade tastes fresher and is likely to be better nutritionally, with nothing lost in processing or lengthy storage.
We’ve found some great recipes for energy balls and bars. Here are a few to get you started, with all the useful ingredients you’ll need listed below. We’re proud to stock just what you need to power you through your workout, race or heavy day!
Three great recipes for energy balls and bars
Mango Almond energy balls: a delicious combination and very, very simple. Here’s a recipe from The Healthy Maven.
Chocolate Peanut Butter energy balls: from Joyful Healthy Eats. A no-bake energy ball that’s about as tasty as they come.
Nutty Oaty Energy Bars: like a flapjack, but with masses of added protein and energy-rich ingredients, from the BBC.
The best ingredients for energy balls
Naturally Good Food has a dedicated Sports nutrition section, which is a good place to start. We’re only interested in natural sports nutrition, harnessing the power of nature to make your body perform better. We’ve got subsections for natural sports supplements, powders and superfoods.
You might like to include some of these wonderful ingredients in your homemade bars and balls:
- Coconut oil: we stock extra-virgin, first-cold-pressed, unrefined, organic coconut oil
- Oats: our organic oats are high-quality and wonderfully filling
- Nut butters: we’ve got every nut butter under the sun – raw, organic, smooth, crunchy, salted and unsalted
- Nuts: almonds, brazils, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamias, peanuts, walnuts – we have every nut we can think of!
- Seeds: from the tiny (chia and poppy), to the large green pumpkin seed
- Dried fruit: providing a welcome sweetness to your bar or ball, dried fruit is also rich in vitamins and minerals. We’ve got dates, apricots, figs and prunes, among others
- Chocolate: we’ve got a great selection of high-quality, organic and dairy-free chocolate
If you’ve got a good energy ball or bar recipe, we’d love to see it! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Coconut Oil, dried fruit, energy balls, energy bar, natural sports nutrition, nut butters, Nuts, oats, protein powders, Seeds, snack bars, sports powders, sports superfoods, sports supplements, superfoods powder
Categorised in: Baking, Chocolate, Coconut, Cold Pressed Oils, Dried Fruit, Grains, Nut butters, Nut Butters, Nuts, Seeds, Snack bars, Snack Pack, Sports Nutrition, Sports Superfoods, Sports Supplements, Superfoods, Wholefoods
This post was written by Yzanne