August 10, 2018 6:59 am Leave your thoughts
There’s no more wonderful purchase in summertime than a bottle of sun-cream! It’s a promise, in a bottle, of long, baking-hot, sunshine-filled days. It’s beach novels, sandy towels, warm water and delicious food and drink, all wrapped up in a 200ml pot.
But if you’re buying sun-cream, make sure you’re buying something that works for you naturally. There’s been a recent spate of health concerns about the wisdom of covering ourselves in lotions filled with unnecessary chemicals. We believe in eating naturally at NGF, and we’re equally keen to keep our outsides natural. So we stock something a little different in our sun-care range: a wonderful selection of organic, natural, highly effective, high-SPF, sun-creams for both adults and children.
They’re all from Green People, who quite literally, set the standards on natural bodycare, sitting on the Soil Association’s committee on organic health and beauty products. Green People never use aggressive ingredients or synthetic chemicals, fragrances or colourants, and do not test on animals.
Here’s what we’ve got in our natural sun-care range from Green People:
- Children’s unscented sun lotion: this is a high-factor (SPF 30) natural sun lotion suitable for children with sensitive skin and those prone to prickly heat. It’s ideal for kids with eczema or psoriasis, who may react badly to other sun creams. The cream offers 97% UVB protection and a high protection against UVA rays too. It’s water-repellent and moisturising, without being greasy. Free from parabens, alcohol (ethyl alcohol, ethanol), lanolin, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone, phthalates, artificial perfumes, petrochemicals and colourants, it’s one of the purest children’s sun lotions on offer.
- Adults’ unscented sun lotion: again with SPF 30, this offers effective, broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. It’s especially suitable for those with sensitive skin and is rich in natural antioxidants and moisture-retaining properties. As with the children’s lotion, it avoids all unnecessary and harmful chemical ingredients.
- Adults’ sun lotion with natural tan accelerator: with an SPF of 15, and natural tan-accelerator ingredients, this is a great natural product for those looking for a speedy golden glow! The list of ingredients includes aloe vera, edelweiss, inositol, green tea and avocado, but excludes the usual unpleasant chemicals.
- Adults’ day solution sun protection: this is an everyday ‘skin defence cream’ that also acts as a sun-protectant, with an SPF of 15. It’s alcohol-free and rich in antioxidants and nutrients. It’s designed to protect against cell damage, while moisturising and rebalancing skin. Ingredients include aloe vera, hemp, jojoba, green tea and chamomile.
Green People also produce after-sun lotions, to keep your skin supple and perfectly moisturised, following sensible exposure to the sun. Here’s what we stock in their range.
- Children’s aloe vera lotion and after-sun with calendula: this is a natural moisturiser and after-sun product specially designed for young, sensitive skin. It’s beautifully soothing and protective.
- Adults’ hydrating after-sun lotion: with a cooling effect on sunheated skin, this is naturally moisturising and soothing and great for retaining your tan, too. The ingredients include organic aloe vera, chamomile, calendula, myrrh and mint.
Is the sun shining yet? Then stock up today!children's after-sun, children's sun cream, green people, natural after sun, natural sun cream, organic after-sun, organic sun cream, sensitive skin, sun cream, sun lotion, suntan cream, suntan lotion, unscented sun cream
This post was written by Yzanne